A computer translation of an Italian Federation Press release regarding unapproved speedsuits.
It is sketchy, but the point is made: The Italian Federation is taking the same path as the USMS and the Japanese:
"... The END confirms the authorization of the use in competition of all the authorized customs of new generation from the F.I.N.A until to the official notice diffused in the day of 19 tuesdays May
20 Wednesdays May 2009ROME - With the present note confirmation that:
- in the respect of the engagements assumed from the societies and the athletes with own suppliers of technical material, and mainly of customs;
- to safeguard of generally supported expenses from the families of the athletes;
- waves to avoid to generate ulterior confusion on the delicate matter;
- in order to guarantee continuity to regulating agonistica activity;
- waiting for the clarifications demands to the Federation Internationale de Natation Amateur on the homologation procedures of the customs of new generation;
the Italian Federation Swim confirms, till the fulfillment of the present agonistica season, the authorization of the use in competition in the national manifestations and federal of all the authorized customs of new generation from the F.I.N.A until to the official notice it prints diffused in the day of 19 Tuesdays May.