Sunday, May 10, 2009

SCAQ did so well at 2009 SCY Nationals and I don't mean the placings!

Notes from SCY Nationals:

Two SCAQ swimmers sent me these notes:

"... I forgot to mention Jen B. in my email yesterday; she has had a really good meet. She had a B70 tear just before the start of her 50 free that threw her off. Roque Santos immediately gave her a new suit. ..."

[Roque Santos is now a Patron Saint of this blog for hooking up a SCAQ friend in need!]

"... The SCAQ women are swimming great. Arlette dominated the field, winning the 100 fly. Jenny did a PR in 100 breast and finished 3d. Mary also did a PR in 100 breast and had great swim in 100 fly. Joy also did a PR in 100 breast.

Chris Wall tied for 10th in 50 free - not bad for a rookie. Dan M. lowered his PR by half a second in the 50 free. Erik and Chris B. swam really fast times in 50 free. Erik placed high in the 100 fly with a time of 51.8. ..."

"...Today - some of the SCAQ highlights were - Arlette G. won the 100 Fly in her age group / Jenny C. got a 2nd in the 100 Fly and 3rd in the 100 Breast / I got 3rd in the 50 Free. ..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find a dedicated masters group in my area, south east MI, to swim with. With MI weather in the winter and barely any 50 meter pools around it's hard to to find a good masters program to swim with.

Tony Austin said...

Here is a link of pools and programs in your state:

http://www.usms.org/placswim/placswimform.php?LMSCID=19

Here is a workout list form SCAQ if you can't find a program.

http://www.swim.net/workouts.cfm

Also, consider moving to Los Angeles and join us or the myriad of programs in So Cal.

Life is short, swim here.

Ahelee said...

Life is short, swim here.

I LOVE THAT TONY!!

Missed you in Clovis.
See you soon.

Trevor said...

Life is short, swim here. I smell new SCAQ t-shirts!

Tony Austin said...

How about a t-shirt for Ahelee: "Coach Ahelee is swimmer made up of awesomeness and win!"